A perfect Thanksgiving dessert and it’s far tastier than pumpkin pie—and easier to make, too. I made this for Canadian Thanksgiving and a work potluck, and have been asked for the recipe.
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup ginger snaps, crushed
- 2 packages (500g) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix or puréed pumpkin
- 3 eggs (or 150 mL liquid whole eggs)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix the melted butter with the crushed ginger snaps.
- Press the ginger snaps into a 9″ springform pan and bake for ten minutes at 350℉.
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, and spices until smooth.
- Beat pumpkin and eggs into cream-cheese mixture until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into springform pan and bake for 55 minutes at 350℉, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out smooth.
- You can reduce the cracking of a cheesecake by putting a pan of water in the oven at the same time as you bake it.
- This may be topped with caramelized sugar and pecans, as desired.
- For variety, add ½ cup pecan pieces can also be mixed into the ginger snap crust.