A wonderfully easy vegan curry recipe with eggplants and zucchini. It’s a variation on a ratatouille that I make, with a commercial curry paste and raisins instead of tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar. Whenever I’ve made this for a potluck, I’ve been asked to share the recipe.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 1 large eggplant, sliced ½–1″ thick and quartered
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp Indian curry paste (such as Patak’s)
- ½ handful raisins and/or cashew nuts
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan or soup pan. Sauté onion until just translucent.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, and garlic. Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until eggplant is falling apart.
- Add curry paste, cook five minutes more while stirring to coat thoroughly.
- Add raisins or nuts, cook one minute longer.
- May be served alone, on a bed of rice (scented basmati is common), or with naan (Indian flat bread). Optionally top with sour cream, yogurt, or raita.